Our backplanes extend the number of PCIe slots on a Hostsytsem.
The backplane has a transparent PCIe switch which handles the communication between the PCIe devices and the host transparently. There is no need for drivers and it works on all systems from Windows to MAC OS to Linux.
The "Backplane PCIe Gen2 6 slots Version2" has one 20GBit/S Uplink ( X4 ), two 20GBit/s Donwlinks (X4) and four 5GBit/s Donwlinks (X1)
There are 3 possible applications for the "Backplane PCIe Gen2 6 slots Version2"
- Using a client adapter in the upstream port of a backplane and a host adapter (via miniDP cable) the connection to a free PCIe slot in the Hostsystem is established. This can be a PCIe slot with 4 or 8 lanes, or a M2.M or a M2.E slot. The backplane provides 6 additional PCIe slots to the host system. Plug a host adapter into a PCIe slot. Solutions for PCIe X8, X4, M2e and M2M are available. Connect the host adapter to the client adapter using our smart cables and plug it into the backplane. Host and client adapter will automatically adjust to the cable length ( 0.5 to 6.5M).
- Using a Thunderbold adapter in the upstream port to connect an existing Apple/ PC / host system / notebook. The backplane provides 6 PCIe slots to the host PC / notebook.
- Via PCIe CPU board as stand alone system. The backplane provides 6 PCIe slots to the PCIe CPU board.
- Upstream: 1x PCI Express 2.0 X4
- Downstream: 2x PCI Express 2.0 X4, 4x PCI Express 2.0 X1
- Switching capacity: 20Gbps
- LPower consumption: 6W
- Made in Germany
|Achievable data rates||Cable 1||+Cable 2|
|PCIe Generation 1||5 Gbit/s||10 Gbit/s|
|PCIe Generation 2||10 Gbit/s||20 Gbit/s|
- Up to 4 Lanes PCIe Gen 3 = 32 Gbit
- For internal case or external PCIe hosts
- Brackets for Low and Full profile
- Cable Length: 0,5-6,5m
- Up to 4 Lanes, 32Gbit
- for in case or external applications