Our backplanes extend the number of PCIe slots on a Host system.
The backplane has a transparent PCIe switch which handles the communication between the PCIe devices and the host transparently. There is no need for drivers, it works on all systems from Windows to MAC OS to Linux.
The “Backplane PCIe Gen2 6 slots Version2” has one 20 Gbit/s Uplink (X4) and twelve 5 Gbit/s Downlinks (X1).
This Backplane is suitable for Case #2 and Case #4 housings.
There are 3 possible applications for the “Backplane PCIe Gen2 12 slots Version 2”:
- Using a client adapter in the upstream port of a backplane and a host adapter (via miniDP cable) the connection to a free PCIe slot in the Host system is established. This can be a PCIe slot with 4 or 8 lanes, or a M2.M or a M2.E slot. The backplane provides 12 additional PCIe slots to the host system. Plug a host adapter into a PCIe slot. Solutions for PCIe X8, X4, M2e and M2M are available. Connect the host adapter to the client adapter using our smart cables and plug it into the backplane. Host and client adapter will automatically adjust to the cable length (0.5 to 7.0 m).
- Using a Thunderbold adapter in the upstream port to connect an existing Apple/PC/host system/notebook. The backplane provides 12 PCIe slots to the host PC/notebook.
- Via PCIe CPU board as stand-alone system. The backplane provides 12 PCIe slots to the PCIe CPU board.
- Industrial automatisation
- Replacement of expensive PICMG 1.3 based CPU Boards and Backplanes, through standard industrial Mainboards + PCIE
- Expansion + Case
- Replacement of expensive PXI based measurement Devices, through standard industrial PC + PCIE Expansion
- Web Hosting
- Apple Tunderbold / PCIe Expansion
- Notebooks Tunderbold to PCIe Expansion
- Upstream: 1x PCI Express 2.0 X4
- Downstream: 12x PCI Express 2.0 X1
- Switching capacity: 20 Gbps
- Power consumption: 6 W
- Suitable for Case #2 and Case #4 housings
- Made in Germany
|Achievable data rates||Cable 1||+Cable 2|
|PCIe Generation 1||5 Gbit/s||10 Gbit/s|
|PCIe Generation 2||10 Gbit/s||20 Gbit/s|